Adult/Senior Helpful Links

Social Security Administration 

Bureau of Motor Vehicles/BMV

Occupational Outlook Handbook

Northwest Indiana Community Action

Northwest Indiana Community Action provides services that help people to be independent in Lake, Jasper, LaPorte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski and Starke Counties.
1-800-826-7871 or 1-219-794-1829
Help available with Resource connections, services for veteran families, long term care services, housing voucher program, aging & disabilities, volunteer Income tax assistance, EAP (energy assistance) nutrition, WIC, NWICA Senior Corps and more.

Renters needing rental assistance are encouraged to
contact Indiana Housing Now or call 2-1-1




Contact WorkOne for unemployment benefit help, job applications, job fairs, resume writing, and lots more. Check out their website or Facebook page.

Senior Care Resources 

Tax Information: Starting with the 2021 tax season, DOR will no longer provide income tax forms or booklets for libraries to distribute to patrons.

Federal Tax Forms

State Tax Forms

Order Tax Forms By Mail:

Internal Revenue Service – Federal forms
1-800-829-3676 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 7 pm)

Indiana Department of Revenue – State forms
1-317-615-2581 (Leave order on voicemail, available 24 hours/day)

Maternal & Child Health (MCH)

Indiana Dept. of Health has added OB Navigator to its resources. Use the MCH link above to find out more about it. The MCH Moms Helpline is 1-844-MCH-MOMS

Hoosiers may apply for SNAP or TANF at They may also call 800-403-0864 for assistance.

Digital Puzzles from “Visit Indiana”.  Do  some  traveling  around  the  state  from  home!